gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery » Latest pics of road ready 72 criterium violet..after 10 y
Latest pics of road ready 72 criterium violet..after 10 y 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:10 pm Reply with quote
purplegitane
[

Last edited by purplegitane on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Details 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:36 pm Reply with quote
purplegitane
Hi...updates on prev 10 year old thread....hadnt ridden gitane for about 10 years...ashamed to say been riding my italian bikes (down to 9.. colnagos, pinarello etc..rode over 16 000 km 2021). This was mainly because the gitane had 5 speed tubs. Came up with the idea of using the low budget ambrossio/sansin sealed hub wheels I got from neighbours with a 14-22 nos dura ace 5sp fw I had (notive the michelin tires). Since the wheels are not top of the line I thought I vould use the bike for poor weather days if that is ok to say. Mechanic thought the simplex rd was worn out but i said the bike seems to have low km on rings etc so he came up with the idea of oiling up the rd. Got out on a ride this weekend on my 63rd birthday and the bikes 50th I think. It was perfect...EDIT 103KM per hr all time record (prev record 74/hr) hurricane like winds gave me the idea that i should go with a 14-28 fw like on my other bikes to protect my knees...hen again all time record wind. Ps,,got the bike sans brakes from a flipper who bought it at a local swap...someone at canadian cycling magazine had put a picture he took of it at the swap in the mag. I bought nos turbo, br levers, hoods, seatpost, tdef bars and a used stem few years back all with a goal to also make it lighter. I bought a px10 frame and was going to put all the gitanes parts on it but i realized the amazing candy apple purple looked too good.

Last edited by purplegitane on Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Silca 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:42 pm Reply with quote
purplegitane
Repainted silca is from a 72ish tour de canada ccm i sold that was too small..have a few zefal frame and solibloc pump that i could use and would be a bit lighter....wow...ive got to shorten the brake cables..lol
This is a very odd forum! 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:40 pm Reply with quote
purplegitane
Very odd forum...people look at my thread and dont comment..also...i try to send private messages and they just sit in my outbox...it is like the site is running on tech older than my gitane
saw it 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 am Reply with quote
Frenchbuilt
yes, still check this forum which was much nicer than Facebook. Good looking bike you have!
saw it 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:07 am Reply with quote
Frenchbuilt
yes, still check this forum which was much nicer than Facebook. Good looking bike you have!
Latest pics of road ready 72 criterium violet..after 10 y 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Owner Gallery