gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Pro Racing - Classics/Giro/Tour.... » Bounty hunter
Bounty hunter 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote
Frenchbuilt
Why do we have these obsessionals that never give up. If we go back in time in just about every sport, motor included, there is always the "unfaire advantage" You can take away just about every Gold medal in all of the past olympics and really screw up the history books and get everyone worked up.

I watched every TDF of Lance A. and he added excitement to an other wise "history of France" type TV coverage. So take away his win and why not go for the second place and then probably find that you can get top 5 stripped of their places

Learn from mistakes of the pass and progress but it is a waste of time and $ to go on nostalgic witch hunts for maybe, possibly, certainly doped riders of the past.

Just my thoughts on the latest "revelations"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
trois tubes
Amen!

I don't have any interest in competitive cycling anymore. I say let them dope so they can win 10 consecutive TDF's!!! For me pro cycling started and ended with Hinault's career. He was the Hercules of cycling. Others were more dominant but in the end, less impressive.

It's never about how much you win but how. Strength of character tromps strength of body.
Bounty hunter 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Pro Racing - Classics/Giro/Tour....