gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Modern Gitane » Re: G1.Sniper a88x хри&#10
Re: G1.Sniper a88x хри&#10 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:49 pm Reply with quote
achaahaa
Despite my reservations at first, I'm happy to say that this stuff is very good. I have since purchased a set of Ultegra 6700. While the DA 7900 is really good and very light, the price remains absurd (at least it is here in Australia). For the money, the Ultegra is fantastic. The only 'issue' with the group is the chanel in the top of the STI lever body that needs to be lubed frequently to keep the gear cables running freely. The best solution thus far has been to use Slick Honey grease rather than a liquid lube. Works a treat. If you can afford Di2, then it is just the bees knees. It will take some time for the prices to come down, but get used to it. (They said that those crazy areo bars would never take off........) Electronic shifting is the future.

Campy: New 11 speed groups. The shifters for the Super Record, Record and Chorus are OK but not brilliant. Anything below that is pretty crumby. The new Veloce 10 speed shifter is so light on the up shift that I now refer to is as 'friction shifting'. The 'clicks' are so soft that they are almost not there. The down shift is better. Brakes are average.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm Reply with quote
achaahaa
Despite my reservations at first, I'm happy to say that this stuff is very good. I have since purchased a set of Ultegra 6700. While the DA 7900 is really good and very light, the price remains absurd (at least it is here in Australia). For the money, the Ultegra is fantastic. The only 'issue' with the group is the chanel in the top of the STI lever body that needs to be lubed frequently to keep the gear cables running freely. The best solution thus far has been to use Slick Honey grease rather than a liquid lube. Works a treat. If you can afford Di2, then it is just the bees knees. It will take some time for the prices to come down, but get used to it. (They said that those crazy areo bars would never take off........) Electronic shifting is the future.

Re: G1.Sniper a88x хри&#10 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Modern Gitane